Thursday, June 05, 2008

Compost Challenge Results

Compost challenge pie chartIn May I challenged Bean Sprouts readers to take up composting. 195 people voted in the poll and the results were as follows:
  • I've started a compost heap! 28 votes (14%)
  • I already had a compost heap! 142 votes (72%)
  • I don't want a compost heap! 2 votes (1%)
  • I can't have a compost heap! 23 votes (11%)

If you're interested in composting but just can't find a method that's right for you, check out Top Ten Compost Systems. And if you're a nervous newcomer to the world of composting, you might find Compost by Ken Thompson a very reassuring read.

A new challenge for June will be coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

28 people started a compost heap. Well done, you're changing peoples behaviours. You might just be on to something here.

Melanie Rimmer said...

I know. It gives me the biggest buzz. DOn't worry though, I wont let the power go to my head.

Yellow said...

What will you have us doing next? Already, because of this blog my collection of fabric hankies is growing.

Unknown said...

I love our compost heap. It eats everything.